Sunday 2 April 2017

Spring 2017 - Trend Report

New season, new fashion. 
For 2017 there are some new trends stepping on to the scene and some that are making their way back. Let's take a look! {please note - these images are not mine, credit goes to their respectful owners)

Statement Sleeves

{left to right - Jacquemus, Saint Laurent, Mugler}

Statement sleeves are everywhere and have been for some time. I probably noticed statement sleeves beginning to pop up last summer and they're steadily gaining popularity and currently flooding my Instagram feed. I love the ruffles of the sleeves for the Jacquemus Spring/Summer 2017 runway. Saint Laurent kept it quite simple compared to many other designers runway showcases this year but it's still effective with the sleeves being the most detailed part of the LBD (little black dress). Mugler's was one of my favorites. The design looks extremely futuristic and architectural making it really stand out on the runway. I'm not the biggest fan of statement sleeves and will be leaving this to the more bold & daring out there. 


Oxford Shirts

A few years ago menswear for women was all the rage thanks to the beloved Olson twins.
Business chic is popping back on the scene thanks to the classic Oxford shirt.

{left to right - J. Crew, Rag & Bone, Off-White}

J.Crew worked the Oxford trend with an striped off the shoulder top pairing it with a gorgeous draped skirt giving it that feminine edge. Rag & Bone created a simple but edgy look using an oversized boyfriend fit oxford shirt. Alternatively you could take the Rag & Bone oversized look and instead of jeans throw a belt around the waist to give the body some shape and wear some chunky boots for an egdy but girly look. Off-White combined statement sleeves and oxford amalgamating two of Spring's hottest trends. I'd wear this as a more relaxed outfit maybe throwing some statement heels or layering some jewelry to create a more boho vibe.

Mini Bags



I don't know about anyone else but I tend to carry my life in my bag. The mini bag while cute isn't practical. I mean what could I carry in this? My wallet is bigger!


Western Wear

{left to right - Rodarte, Robert Cavalli & Alberta Ferretti}

I didn't expect to see western wear become a trend but I'm not disappointed. Although I couldn't picture myself pulling this off I sure admired the runway looks! I loved the cute simple dress from Alberta Ferretti with the layered western style belts. Rodartes fringed jacket is encrusted with diamonds! Talk about western infused glamour.

Color & 80's Throwback


 {left to right -  Saint Laurent, Balenciaga & Monse Spring}

You read it right. The 80's are making a comeback and are making the most of the runways this season. Not to mention the 80's trend combines just about every other trend we've seen splash the runways of fashion week. Saint Laurent showcased a metallic mini dress with sharp shoulders on point with the statement sleeve trend we previously saw. Balenciaga mixed bright fun colors into their 80's look another trend sure to be making a colorful statement this year. Monse Spring's evening wear dress was decked out with sparkle and featured a tattered/edgy looking slit showing a little leg and an off the shoulder finish.
For me, the 80's can stay in the 80's.


What are your favorite trends this year?

Bri
 
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment