Wednesday 29 March 2017

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils




Hello.

It's finally beginning to look like Spring outside, The snow is melting & the sun is shining. I've been having a wonderful morning!

A couple years back Sephora's birthday gift was one of the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencils in the shades "Cruella" and one of their Satin Lip Pencils in the shade "Rikugien"

To be honest I can't believe it's taken me so long to write a post on these as I adore them!

Cruella is my favorite shade of the two as I live for red lips & matte finishes. Rikguien on the other hand is more of a rose toned nude in a satin finish.







These were both minis but both have lasted me a long time. I've gone through more of Rikugien but that's due to it's satin finish. I find it wears off more easily and slips around a lot easier if you eat anything greasy. Cruella is a matte finish and dries down beautifully and I didn't find it to be nearly as drying as other matte formulas making it quite comfortable for wear throughout the day. Since it's a bolder color I would recommend exfoliating your lips before applying to ensure a smooth even application and a lip liner wouldn't hurt as this does tend to bleed a little outside the lip lines as it wears.

They're both extremely creamy in formula and apply with no troubles. They are quite expensive for what they are. For how long Rikugien lasts I wouldn't repurchase it. Cruella on the other hand is such a stunning red that doesn't make your teeth look yellow because it's blue toned and I will be heading to Sephora to repurchase it as soon as this one is used up!

Which formula do you prefer, matte or satin?

Bri


Follow on Bloglovin






No comments:

Post a Comment