Monday 6 March 2017

Maybelline FIT Me - Hydrate + Smooth


I rarely do foundation reviews.
Why?
Honestly, I couldn't tell you. It's not a product I really need to use as I have fairly good skin in the sense that there's little to cover up and there are just other things I'd rather review for you guys. I'm still struggling to find a foundation that I love. I'm finding it very difficult to find one that is dewy but not greasy looking or one that doesn't stick to to the dry patches on my skin...and there's a lot of them.

Foundation seems to be the one product that takes a lot of trial and error when trying to find that perfect formula.

I saw raving reviews on the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation which is what ultimately led to me picking it up. Sad to report that I don't understand what all the hype is about.
I apply this using my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and while it applies beautifully and blends really well a couple hours later I was left with a face resembling a patchy oil spill. 
For a foundation that's branded for dry skin I was definitely not expecting it to turn my face into an oil slick. It slides around on the face leaving patches everywhere. Not exactly the look I was trying to achieve.
It's light coverage and I've not tried building it up but with the experience I've had so far I wouldn't recommend it.



As you can see it really does blend nicely into the skin, I just wish it would have performed as well as it blends.


I'm keen to try the matte + poreless formula although because if this one is so oily in formula maybe the other one will be perfect for dry skin, I'll update you guys if I do end up purchasing it.
Please leave some foundation recommendations in the comments I'm still on the hunt for that holy grail.

What's your favorite foundation?

Bri

Follow on Bloglovin, I'll be doing a giveaway at 25 followers!






No comments:

Post a Comment