Thursday 23 February 2017

Confessions of a Lip Balm Addict


I have a serious problem when it comes to lip balms. You will never catch me without one. More specifically you will never catch me without the Blistex Lip Medex. I've been using it for ten years and always have a backup. Obsession much?

I digress though as this post is not solely focused on Blistex.

I'm constantly finding lip balms around my house. These are just a handful. Not pictured I also have the Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm in Pink Me Up which is a medicated one and the Blistex Blissful Butter Lip Balm. I used to have a ton of EOS ones lying around but my wonderful dog would always chew them when she got the chance so I no longer buy them.

Blistex Lip Medex as I mentioned above is by far my holy grail. Annoyingly though I'm constantly losing it. It's not the most sanitary packaging as you are constantly dipping your fingers in it to reapply throughout the day. This does come in a tube as well but it's not even similar to the tub version. I find the tube does little to moisturize my lips.

Maybelline Baby Lips - Why are these so hyped up? They didn't moisturize my lips at all and they smelled strongly of chemicals. I like that they're tinted but that's about all I liked about them. I will not be purchasing any of these again as I really just didn't get on with them.

Nivea Lip Butter Another okay lip balm. Nothing special. Again not sanitary in the packaging sense. I keep this in my bag in case I lose my lip medex because lip balm has basically become an extra limb for me.

Blistex Blissful Butter Lip Balm - The smell of this one is gorgeous, I like applying it for that factor alone. This is packaged in a tube like a normal lip chap making it more sanitary than the tub balm I prefer to use. Creates a good layer of moisture, I didn't find myself having to reapply this as often as others I've tried.

EOS Lip Balms Yes, I stopped buying these because my dog used them as chew toys but also after the whole fiasco where people were getting sores on their mouths from using these I don't think I'll repurchase another one. A product meant for use on the mouth shouldn't be causing sores, that to me is a giant red flag and big no no. Not a big loss though as I didn't find these to be moisturizing at all, they were cute though.

Bri

Don't forget to follow on Bloglovin for a giveaway! (25 followers)






No comments:

Post a Comment