Saturday 19 November 2016

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge



I heard all the hype surrounding the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge but for some reason never bothered to pick it up until this week.

A bit of a blogger fail for me as not only had I yet to try this but I hadn't tried any makeup sponges including the ever coveted Beauty Blender. 
Boy, was I missing out.

I love this sponge! There were a lot of negative reviews stating that they've changed this, that now it's more rough in texture and rips more easily. After the first wash I did notice a tiny bit of the foam ripped off just a very tiny corner though nothing disastrous. It blends foundation out beautifully and the pointed tip makes it so much easier to get into those tough to reach spots like around your nose and under the eyes.
I dampen mine with water to create a dewy glow to the skin. What I have noticed that since expanding when wet it hasn't gone down to it's original size even though its dry? Has anyone else's done this or just mine?

I am definitely thinking of picking up another one for contouring & highlighting as I think this would work better than anything else I own to blend it out. 

The Real Techniques sponge is under half the price of the Beauty Blender and although I can't speak for the Beauty Blender I don't know that I would pick it up as it retails for $24 CAD and I picked this up  for $9.99 from my local drugstore. 

I'm so glad I picked up this gem, it creates the most flawless base leaving you with perfect airbrushed skin.

What is your favorite beauty sponge?

Bri

Follow on Bloglovin. At 25 followers I will be doing a giveaway!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment