Monday 18 July 2016

The Balm Nude Tude Fake?

Hi everyone! 
It's been a while I know, I'm sorry. I hope you can forgive me!

I had heard about the Balms "Nude Tude" palette for a long time but only recently purchased it within the past year. The disappointing truth was that I got a fake. I didn't order this directly from The Balm's website which was my first mistake and I should have known better but I proceeded to order it anyways knowing full well there was an extremely high risk of it being fake. Luckily I only paid thirteen dollars for it so it didn't break the bank nor did I feel as bad as I could have. 

I even spent time researching the fakes so that I could tell before hand but photos do lie my friends. 
I don't have the real palette to compare but I wanted to post this for others who may be thinking they can find it elsewhere for cheaper. Please take it from me, if you want this palette purchase it from the Balm directly as there are so many fakes out there and people will charge full price if not more if they think you'll go for it. I would have been so angry had I paid full price and found out later that it was fake.


So as you can see I used the whole pan up of Silly as it was my brow color and I wasn't originally planning to do a post on this so I never took blog photos previously. The colors are chalky and hardly pigmented. The swatches below took about ten swipes each to build up any color.




{Top - Bottom: Sassy, Stubborn, Selfish, Sophisticated, Sexy, Serious, Snobby, Stand-Offish, Sultry, Seductive, Silly (originally named Schitzo) and Sleek} 
As you can see "Snobby and Stand-Offish" offer little to no pigment even after building it up. 

Another dead giveaway for me that this was a fake palette was that the brush it came with was just about too long for the spot it was in and it broke in half without me using it even once. If that's not poor quality I don't know what is.

 When I researched the fake vs. the real palette here's some of the things I read/saw that did not match my fake but could be in others;

Real: Tan packaging
Fake: Grey packaging

Real: QR code in top right corner
Fake: No barcode - mine did have a QR code which I did try to scan but it would just constantly keep scanning over it and nothing would happen so the fake may have one as well.

Real: Fair skinned girls (my fake had fair skinned girls)
Fake: Orange looking skin 

I wish I had the real palette to compare and I most likely will buy it, so I may come back and edit this post in the near future. ;)

<3 p="">
Bri





No comments:

Post a Comment