Saturday 18 June 2016

Coastal Scents -- Revealed


I know this is an old palette that's been out for a while but my love has been rekindled for this and I wanted to share my thoughts. 

We all know that this was heavily inspired by the ever popular Urban Decay "Naked" palette.


It's so pretty, I could stare it all day.



Here's a side by side comparison, as you can see the pan shape/size is identical and the shades of course are very similar. Dupe alerts coming up!

The packaging is cardboard and there's no mirror which isn't a big con for me as I never use my palette mirror, I prefer a much larger mirror to do my makeup in but I did see a lot of people commenting about this not having mirror and how they wished it would have.
There is twenty shades in the Revealed palette opposed to 12 in the Naked. The Revealed palette retails for $19.95 on the Coastal Scents website opposed to $64 for Urban Decay. With Coastal Scents you're getting a lot more bang for your buck as you're getting almost double the shadows for a fraction of the price! The color scheme is well put together in the Revealed I love my nudes as does everyone and this palette although it has some miss shades I think the quality is overall well done. I love that there is a range of mattes and shimmer's it gives you more depth for creating eye looks and with this I can only imagine the amount of looks someone could come up with!
Overall, the colors are pigmented (with a couple exceptions - looking at you shade 3 - top row) and blend like a dream. 

Below is the first ten shades (from bottom - top (1-10))


Ten shades from the bottom row (Bottom - Top 11-20)


Time for the dupes! Please note these are not exact dupes but you could use them to gain a similar look. I will list the dupes I found online for the Naked 2 as well. I don't own the Naked 2 so unfortunately I can't compare.



So, here's the "dupes" for the Naked. I have labelled the Coastal Scents side with the corresponding shade number. The only really close dupes in my opinion are Buck and Darkhorse. The other ones are similar but you can see distinct differences. Creep for example is not a black as shade 20 in the Coastal Scents palette. Half Baked is another one, its a lot more gold than the Coastal Scents shade but it is possible to get extremely similar looks with these so if you're on a budget I highly recommend picking up this palette!

List of dupes for Naked 2:
Foxy - Shade 1
Half baked - Shade 8
Bootycall - 2
Chopper - N/A (the only one I couldn't find a dupe for anywhere online)
Tease - Shade 5
Snakebite - Shade 12
Suspect - Shade 9
Pistol - Shade 13
Verve - Shade 10
YDK - Shade 17
Busted - Shade 18
Blackout - Shade 20

I used this on my eyes today actually and that's what rekindled the flame. This is great palette with fabulous shades for the most part that blend amazingly! 

What do you guys think?

=)
Bri



No comments:

Post a Comment