Wednesday, 1 June 2016

NARS - VIRTUAL DOMINATION






Hey guys!

I'm a little late to the train here but I wanted to talk about the 2014 NARS Holiday palette which is gorgeous.





There were a lot of people saying that the pigmentation and texture of the palette shades are worse than if you bought them as singles. I had never owned a NARS product until I purchased this and to this day this is still the only NARS product in my collection so I can't compare them to the single products unfortunately.

There is a highlighter, three blushes and a bronzer in this palette and huge mirror, perfect for travel!
I don't use the blushes in this palette often but as you can see I have almost completely used up Laguna (oops). I will definitely be running out to grab that when I finish with the little bit that's left!

Miss Liberty (Highlighter) - This is a very chunky glitter type highlighter. On the swatch you can see large chunks of glitter which for me I don't want in my highlighter. I like shimmer but this is on a whole other level. I would be more likely to use this on a night out as I think it's too in your face for daytime. It honestly makes your face glitter like a disco ball, not a great look for everyday makeup.

Deep Throat (Blush) - I use this blush more than any other in the palette. A beautiful dark kind of coral color with gold flecks. I love this shade it looks surprisingly natural on the face and blends gorgeously.

Sex Fantasy (Blush) - This is a very Barbie/bubble gum pink matte shade. Great for summer but I don't wear it much as it's so bright and I like my blush to be more on the subtle side. Use a light hand with this shade as it doesn't take much to build it!

Final Cut (Blush) - Another matte blush, this one is a very light coral. This looks lovely on the face I actually wore this one today for the first time and am going to be using it a lot this summer.

Laguna (Bronzer) - A cult favorite among NARS fans and the beauty world. If you haven't heard of this I don't know where you have been. This shade in particular was the one most people were commenting about being a lot less pigmented then if you were to buy it as a stand alone product but seeing as I've never owned Laguna I can't comment on that aspect. I really (as you can see) loved this product. I'm fair skinned so finding a bronzer that doesn't look muddy can be a difficult and long task but I think I may have found my holy grail. This blends wonderfully, creates a natural contour and doesn't make me look like I rubbed dirt into my face. I will be purchasing the stand alone Laguna so I will let you guys know if it is indeed more pigmented.

I'm glad I bought this as being a holiday collection it was limited edition. If I've never tried a brand before I like to buy palettes or collections like these as I get to try a variety of products instead of splashing out a huge amount of money on one product that I may hate.

It will take me a long time to get through the palette but I will be utilizing the brighter blush shades this summer that's for sure!

<3 p="">
Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment