Saturday 16 April 2016

Nude Lipstick Collection


Hey guys!

Who else loves nudes? It seems like everyone does these days. I don't think the trend will ever die, not that I want it to. I want to share my nude lipstick collection with you guys and I hope you enjoy it and find some new nudes to pick up!





COVERGIRL Dulce De Leche - As you can tell from the above swatch this is a very light pink nude, barely visible on my arm. All the COVERGIRL lipsticks I've tried have great pigmentation but do tend to stain a slightly different color. This one didn't stain a different color but is very creamy so you do need to reapply a bit more than usual but that's my only gripe!

Lancome Pale Lip Cream - When swatched on the arm this shows up much darker then it does on the lips. On the lips it's really light. I got this from one of many Lancome bonuses so I'm not sure if you can buy this shade individually. This one is another creamy lipstick so obviously you need to reapply a little more often. I discovered the other day that I have another tube of this so I won't be running out any time soon.

Revlon Nude Attitude - I wasn't even going to buy this as there are very mixed reviews most people either hated it or loved it but I figured why not try it out any how? So I did and I don't hate but I don't love it. I like the color but this clings to dry patches like no other and even after exfoliating and adding a layer of lip balm underneath it still managed to accentuate every crack and dry part of my lips. So I like the color...but the formula is another story. Oh well, at least it wasn't too expensive.

Rimmel Kate Moss 40, 42 and 14 - I'm going to group the Rimmel ones together as I have similar things to say about them. Shade 40/42 are from the Kate Moss Nude range which was released last summer I believe. 42 is much darker than 40 as you can see from the swatch. I prefer shade 40 I like lighter nudes even though I am more fair, I don't feel like they wash me out and brown toned nudes don't look as nice on me as pink toned nudes. I love all the Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks. I own about 20 of them alone and still don't own the whole range. The finish of these is perfect, the formulation is fantastic and the pigmentation is on point. I should mention that these retail for $6.99 CAD. SEVEN DOLLARS you guys, I don't think you could do much better. 

MAC Velvet Teddy (Matte) - If you've read any of my other posts you should know I love MAC's matte lipsticks. I know we've all heard the hype around this color and for good reason. I recently picked this one up and I love it. The color is just gorgeous! It is a matte so it's drying but if you're looking for a perfect nude, this could be it. I find MAC's matte range to last almost my entire 8 hour work day without needing to reapply, so I have no complaints about Velvet Teddy.

MAC Shy Girl (Creemsheen) - A nude peach toned color. Oh Shy Girl, I wanted to love this but I have to say this is probably my least favorite MAC lippe I own and here's why. It settles into every crack and accentuated every dry patch. I can't just swipe this one on unfortunately. For this to even work a little bit for me I have to exfoliate and make sure I've left no dry patch behind, layer a lip balm and even then somehow this finds it way into the creases of my lips and it transfers a lot. I really do like the color but I don't think I'll be picking up Shy Girl again anytime soon.

MAC Patisserie (Lustre) - A sheer creamy pink nude. I didn't think this would be so sheer when I bought it, if I had known I wouldn't have picked it up because like I said before I love to rock a bold lip. It's got a nice shimmer to it though and if you're looking for nice nude for work since this one doesn't have much pigmentation it would be great. 

MAC Peachstock (Satin) - Peach nude, very similar in color to Revlon's Nude Attitude. I really love this color even though it's very light it pulls orange on my lips so it doesn't look like concealer on my very fair skin. The formula though is a satin which just like the Creemsheen formula loves to cling to dry patches, buyer beware. When I first bought it, I was researching reviews and found out his used to be a PRO product, so glad it's permanent now! I will pick up another one just because of color alone, I love it that much.

MAC Myth (Satin) - I would call this a true nude, this can wash me out if not used sparingly. I try to stipple it on instead of just wiping it on. Wiping it on makes me look dead because the color is so light and I'm fairly pale. Even if you don't like this lipstick I think it is a good staple as it can be used to tone down other lipsticks. This one doesn't seem to cling to dry areas quite as bad so it's workable. I am glad I picked up Myth even though it may took me a while longer to get through a tube as I don't use it often.







No comments:

Post a Comment