Thursday 23 May 2019

Too Faced - Smoky Eye Palette

 


 

Hello loves.
Back with another product review. Yes, I know this is an incredibly old palette in the grand scheme of things but I still wanted to give my thoughts on it.

I bought this via Hautelook which if you don't know is a flash sale website. Go check it out!
I don't use this as much as I'd like to. Mostly because of the darker tones which for office workers like me are generally frowned upon. I wish I would have had this when I was 18 and in my clubbing phase because these shades are perfect for it. Too Faced has always had impeccable packaging and this palettes no different. It's housed in cardboard with a magnetic closure. I'm sure a lot of people would nit pick that this doesn't have a mirror but I for one never use palette mirrors for my makeup so it doesn't bother me in the least.

I don't find the three base shades to be shades I'd use enough to justify the larger size but I understand why they did it. The shadows of course are incredibly pigmented and apply like butter. I find the black to fall a little short but I've never found a perfect matte black. The palette includes three cards with different eye looks for any beginners out there who are unsure where to begin. Out of all three rows the top is my most used. I'm thinking of throwing this into a declutter though as I just don't have enough places or events to wear it to. 

What's your go to smoky palette?
Bri

Please follow me on Bloglovin 




No comments:

Post a Comment