Tuesday 12 June 2018

a trip to british columbia






Hello everyone.

Well, I'm back at work after a wonderful albeit short weekend away. 
The company my boyfriend works for has an annual golf tournament in Quesnel, BC and this year they offered to reimburse the expenses for the trip so of course we jumped at the opportunity.

The weather wasn't near as nice as we hoped. Originally we had booked a tenting site but the lady at the resort was lovely enough to upgrade us to a cabin for two nights for the price of one. They were these tiny little triangular shaped cabins with lofts in the top. I was so excited about the loft bed! (see photo above) They were just large enough for sleeping which was really all we needed them for.
It's a ten hour drive there so our legs were pretty sore by the time we finally got to settle in.
For the couple of hours we had the first night we sat ad relaxed by the fire with a little wobbly pops.

Saturday morning we were up bright and early! 
I don't golf whatsoever, so I dropped him off and headed back to the cabin which I was mostly stuck in as it was cold and rainy most of the day. By the time the sun popped out I headed back for the dinner which was wonderful. The whole weekend was very relaxing. Whatever time we had where the rain settled for a bit we had a walk around the park and the town.The town is very industrial so there wasn't much but being in British Columbia the areas around it are gorgeous. Then Sunday came and we had to rise early to start our long commute back home.

Despite not wanting to leave it's nice to come home to your own bed and my dog, who I thought was going to have a panic attack from not seeing me for two days. She knocked me off my feet with her love!

What did you get up to this weekend?

Bri

Please follow me on Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment