Wednesday 30 August 2017

KYSHADOW - The Bronze Palette FAKE?

Oh hello again!

Fake palettes, they're everywhere. Guys, if you plan on buying an expensive palette please do yourself a favor and purchase it straight from the source or you're liable to end up with a fake. Fake palettes are generally made with lower grade ingredients that can cause severe reactions or irritations to your skin 

I have never purchased from Kylie Cosmetics nor do I plan to in the near future. This was given to me by a co-worker as she found out it was a fake. I like having these so that I can create posts like this to show you guys what to look for if you do plan on trying to save money by buying it elsewhere like eBay. Unfortunately she didn't give me the packaging from it so I can only base my observations on the palette itself.

Note: I did take many of the points from this video as I don't own the real one to compare it to. Thank you Maricela for creating such an informative video! The fake in her video and this one though are not the same so there are still differences.

The first thing is that the tears are different colors. On the real palette in her video you can see they are much more bronze. My fake palette does not have the same color tears as hers did however the ones on mine are much more brown with a tinge of silver.


On the back if you compare it to photos of the real one the creators of this fake have completely mislabeled the top & bottom row of shadows. The bottom row is the names of the top shadows and the top row is supposed to be the shadows in the bottom. The middle one was correct though. In Marcielas video you can see that the real Kyshadow has a serial number just underneath the shades where as the fake one doesn't. I wish I would have had the real palette so that I could compare the ingredients because I imagine they aren't the same.



 Again, I'm unable to compare the shadows but please refer to Maricela's video and her swatches.  Swatches of this palette are below.



So, the colors are definitely different than the original but I don' think they're bad colors. The only scary thing with fake palettes is that you don't know what kind of ingredients are in them and if there safe for use on the skin. I have used this actually and I didn't have any irritation but please be careful with fakes and if you really want a palette, save the money and hold out for the real one because you will be much happier with your purchase than if you spend close to the same amount for something that turns out to be completely different.

I hope you guys found this useful & helpful.


Have you ever bought a fake on accident?


Bri

 Please follow me on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment