Monday 4 September 2017

Jeffree Star - Beauty Killer



Hello loves!

I've owned this palette for a while but have only just started using it recently. There is always some kind of drama surrounding Jeffree Star. I don't like him as a person but I truly believe if you go digging into anyone/any brand you are bound to find out something you don't like so if I like the products chances are I'll keep purchasing them.

I didn't purchase this, I won it in an Instagram giveaway. I never win anything so I was super excited, not to mention being Canadian ordering anything of Jeffree's site is a no no. The shipping & exchange are outrageous.

Beauty Killer contains 10 shades, 3 of which are mattes. This is not a palette for neutral lovers as there are only 3 really "neutral" shades. When I first looked at it I had an extremely difficult time trying to create a natural look for work which is why I hadn't really used it. I've taken to using it for nights out or on the weekends when the color scheme is more appropriate.



{left to right: Star Power, Princess, Violence & Rich Bitch}


{left to right: Courtney, Expensive, Confession, Vanity, China White & Black Rainbow}

A couple of the shades have a really dry texture including Star Power, Expensive and Vanity. Despite the dryness I didn't struggle when using them on the eyes. I found all the shadows applied quite pigmented but when blending some colors almost blended away which left me constantly re applying the shadow to build color. Not a quality I'm looking for in my eye shadows. The packaging is like many others on the market, it's housed in pink cardboard and contains a huge mirror inside which is always a nice touch.

Beauty Killer is an average palette with okay shades, it didn't wow me like I thought it would and I'm happy I didn't use my own money to purchase it.


What's your favorite Jeffree Star product?

Bri

Please follow me on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment