Tuesday 24 December 2013

E X P R E S S -- Y O U R S E L F

Hello everyone, it's been a few days. Christmas is always a hectic time. I wanted to address an issue I've seen come up a lot recently with people I know and some things I've just heard people saying passing on the street, this issue is "Self Expression;" Expression of one's own personality, feelings, or ideas, as through speech or art. Every person deserves the right to self expression and from what I've been seeing lately, the world is unbelievably judgmental and a person cant do anything with someone having something negative to say about it. It's getting disgusting to even see//hear some of the things I've been hearing. I'm not going to say I've never judged and act like a perfect being because the truth is no one is. The way I look at it is if a person feels more comfortable with themselves by wearing makeup or wild and bright clothing, why should they be judged for it? The same goes for people who feel they're beautiful without makeup and can maybe they choose to wear sweatpants all the time. So what? If they want to do it we have no reason to ruin their happiness. The world needs to stop this media of hatred and learn to embrace people for who they are. Self love is what needs to be in the media not judgement. Just be yourself. If someone doesn't love you for you, don't keep them in your life. I just needed to get this little rant off of my chest...Thanks guys <3

No comments:

Post a Comment