Tuesday 13 November 2018

Covergirl - Tru Blend Foundation

 

 Good morning loves.

Another foundation review. I'm beginning to think I'll never find my perfect base.

Covergirl has recently revamped a lot of their products look wise. As for formula I'm not sure if any of these remain the same in terms of their original formulas. I've never tried the original Tru Blend foundation unfortunately so I have nothing to compare it to. The new packaging though is simple and sleek and housed in a glass bottle with a pump. The old packaging had heavy bold writing across it and didn't look as streamlined and neat as this. Since using this I've noticed bumps along my under eye area and along the tops of my cheekbones. I know it's not my skin care routine as what I'm currently using hasn't changed in months but I am using a new primer as well so I don't know if it's that or this foundation. I'll test the primer out with another foundation and get back to you guys!
Apart from the little bumps this is one of the better drug store options I've tried. It's easy to blend, sits nicely on the skin, and doesn't oxidize! I don't think I've ever used a foundation by Covergirl that hasn't oxidized so I was extremely happy about that! Coverage wise, it's buildable to medium and has slight creasing in lines. It's more of a demi-matte finish. I suffer with very dry skin and I haven't noticed it clinging to dry patches at all but it doesn't give a nice dewy look either. 

For now, I'm happy with this and am hoping it's not what's causing the little bumps on my skin.

What's your favortie Covergirl product?

Bri

Please follow me over on Bloglovin



2 comments:

  1. Great post - I used to only use Covergirl foundations when I was younger, but I have since stopped using foundation all together. But, if I ever go back I would definitely still use Covergirl :) Thanks for sharing!
    -Jenna <3
    Follow me back? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find Covergirls base products are very hit and miss but so far this one has yet to disappoint!

      Delete