Tuesday 14 August 2018

Tarte 4-in-1 Marine Boosting Mist


Hello loves.

I've just started dipping my toe into the world of Tarte. I've owned the Tartelette palette for awhile but up until now that was it. If I'm being honest, it never blew me away. Back in June I got a Sephora gift card and had been eyeing up Tarte and saw the Hydrate, Glow and Illuminate Essentials pack which included this, a lip balm and the first Skin Twinkle Highlighting Palette. Originally I was going to pick up the second Skin Twinkle palette but the last two shades in the palette were far too dark for my pale skin so $52 CAD seemed ridiculous when I could only get use out of half the palette.

I've always been intrigued by Tarte as they have quite a large skincare range against their makeup range. This is a "multipurpose" setting spray, It primes, sets, hydrates and locks in makeup. It's supposed to help smooth any fine lines, wrinkles and reduce the appearance of pores. On top of  makeup I hated this, it was extremely tacky and didn't seem to dry down. I use it the way the bottle says to do which is to apply after applying moisturizer which has changed my makeup game. The current foundation/concealer combo I'm using leaves me with dry, cakey under eyes and I believe it's the foundation (Rimmel Lasting Finish) as I've used the concealer (Maybelline Fit Me) under other foundations with no issues. I apply my Glam Glow moisturiser, spray this on top and finish applying my makeup. It has certainly smoothed out the fine lines underneath my eyes and has actually managed to lock the foundation on my nose in place! That alone is reason enough to give it five stars. As for minimizing the look of pores I haven't noticed any difference there. There are a lot of reviews saying the pump gets sticky and sprays in a strong jet, I've had no issues there but maybe it's due to mine being a mini?

What's your favorite Tarte product?

Bri

Please follow me on Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment